- Design Comparison
- Cleaning Performance Comparison
- Battery Comparison
- Feature Comparison
- Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i7
- Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba J7
- Product Videos
Roomba i7 measures 13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches and weighs 7.44 pounds. Meanwhile, the Roomba J7 measures 13.34 x 13.3 x 3.4 inches and weighs 7.5 pounds.
Cleaning Performance Comparison
Suction Power & Noise
With a suction capacity of 1800 Pa, the Roomba i7 has a noise level of 68 dba. The Roomba J7 has a suction power of 2200 Pa and a noise level of 68 dba.
Robot’s ability to walk
Both have a cleaning area of 185 m2.
Thanks to the 20 mm (0.78 in) climbing ability, iRobot Roomba i7 them are suitable for thicker carpets and can easily overpass a door threshold (if below 2 cm). The Roomba J7 has a climbing ability of 16 mm.
Both robots are equipped with a bunch of sensors that prevent bumping into things, falling, and keeping them at a distance of 10 mm from walls and furniture.
iRobot Roomba i7 and Roomba J7+ both have dirt detection sensors. It is a system that recognizes high-traffic spots making a cleaner go over these zones a few times until it is clean
With a 500 ml dustbin capacity, the iRobot Roomba i7 can hold a little more dirt than the Roomba J7, which has a capacity of 400 ml.
iRobot Roomba i7 and J7 cannot automatically remove dirt in the dustbin, it will stop cleaning and notify you when the trash needs to empty.
The Roomba i7 and J7 have been designed to work with iRobot’s Auto Clean Base® technology. But then it doesn’t come with the Clean Base® Automatic Dirt Handler, so you’ll have to buy it separately.
Under the lids of both dustbins, there is a HEPA filter that makes the robot safe for people with allergies and asthma. The filters of both Roomba are not removable for washing, you should change the filter every three months.
Ability to suck and sweep
Carpet boost: Roomba i7 and Roomba J7 have a sensor that can recognize carpets. When the vacuum is on the carpet, its suction power is increased to the maximum level automatically cleaning deeper.
Side brush: Both have a side brush made of rubber.
Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don’t get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors.
Cleaning Brush: Both are equipped with a cleaning brush that has detachable tips and is easier to clean since hair mostly gets clogged around the edges. In addition, the newest brush has 250% more bristles providing a better pickup.
Ability to Mop the floor: Both devices can only sweep and vacuum
With 3300 mAh Lithium-Ion, the Roomba i7 can operate for about 90 minutes and takes 180 minutes to charge. Roomba J7 uses a Lithium-Ion battery with a capacity of 2210 mAh that can work for about 75 minutes and takes 120 minutes to fully charge.
If both vacuums don’t finish all the work on a single charge, it will automatically return to the charging dock. Resume intends that the robot will resume from where it left off after charging is complete. This feature is perfect for large households where the robot cannot clean the entire house on a single charge
Unlike robots that don’t have a map and move randomly until the battery runs out, Roomba navigates efficiently. It moves back and forth in straight lines methodically covering the cleaning area based on the map it generates.
Both vacuums use camera sensors and odometry to map the layout of your home and store 10 maps in memory.
Both robot vacuums have an advanced scheduling feature. After mapping, you can divide the map into separate regions and give each region a name. With this feature, you can schedule cleaning by area, selected room cleaning, schedule, etc.
Thanks to the digital virtual wall creation feature, both robot vacuums can create no-clean zones, clean zone compartments, and no-clean zones.
Digital blockers.: If there is a room that might not be ready for cleaning or a zone where you have cords, etc., you can set an unlimited amount of digitally blocked areas and no-go lines. Once you have done it, the robot will not cross it. You can create a zone by drawing a rectangle or setting the tape (no-go line) on a place you don’t want the robot to cross.
Clean area With this option, you can create a rectangle on the map to make the robot work in the selected area.
The selected housekeeping completes the cleaning, it will generate a map divided into separate rooms. You can merge or split the area as you like if you don’t like the way the robot did.
Manually control it like a radio car. If you need the device to go to a specific spot, you can use the app remote control and manage its movements by sending it where you want to. Also, with the «Target Point» option you can tap on the map, and the robot will go to that place. Much easier than using the remote control.
Additionally, you can control the two robot vacuums by setting voice prompts through Amazon Alexa Support and Google Assistant Assistant.
When Roomba finishes cleaning, you can view the results in the cleaning history. Both cannot be tracked in real-time, you cannot see their location while the robot is vacuuming.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i7
- Powerful performance and powerful pick-up
- Guided by serious smarts.
- New App, New level of clean
- Vacuums messes in the moment
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba J7
- CLEANS WHEN & WHERE YOU WANT– Only iRobot brings you Imprint Smart Mapping allowing you to control & schedule which rooms are cleaned and when, while storing multiple maps for easier cleaning on each level of your home; Plus customizable Keep Out Zones and Clean Zones allow you to tell them the exact area to avoid and clean
- DOESN'T GET HUNG UP; JUST GETS IT DONE; - A full suite of advanced sensors allow this robot to navigate under and around furniture, and along edges, while Cliff Detect keeps it from falling down the stairs
- SET TO AUTOMATICALLY CLEAN WHEN YOU'RE AWAY - Now with iRobot Genius, you can choose to set your robot to automatically start cleaning when you leave and stop when you come home, so you only notice the clean and never the cleaning
- Only iRobot brings you Imprint Smart Mapping allowing you to control and schedule which rooms are cleaned and when, while storing multiple maps for easier cleaning on each level of your home; Plus customizable Keep Out Zones and Clean Zones allow you to tell them the exact area to avoid and clean