- Design Comparison
- Cleaning Performance Comparison
- Battery Comparison
- Feature Comparison
- Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i4
- Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i3+
- Product Videos
Roomba i4 measures 13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches and weighs 12 pounds. Meanwhile, the Roomba i3+ measures 13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches and weighs 15 pounds.
Cleaning Performance Comparison
Suction Power & Noise
Both have a suction power of 1800 Pa and a noise level of 68 dba.
Robot’s ability to walk
With a cleaning area of 170 m2, Roomba i3+ has a smaller cleaning area than Roomba i4, with a cleaning area of 185 m2.
Thanks to the 20 mm (0.78 in) climbing ability, both of them are suitable for thicker carpets and can easily overpass a door threshold (if below 2 cm).
Both robots are equipped with a bunch of sensors that prevent bumping into things, falling, and keeping them at a distance of 10 mm from walls and furniture.
iRobot Roomba i4 and Roomba i3+ both have dirt detection sensors. It is a system that recognizes high-traffic spots making a cleaner go over these zones a few times until it is clean
Roomba i4 and i3+ both have a waste bin capacity of 400 ml.
When the dustbin inside the Roomba i3+ gets full, the robot vacuum returns to the charging dock, the base sucks up the debris from the container. When the Roomba is done emptying, it returns to continue cleaning.
iRobot Roomba i4 can’t empty itself when it’s filled with dirt, it will stop cleaning and notify you when the bin needs emptying.
The Roomba i4 has been designed to work with iRobot’s Auto Clean Base® technology. But then it doesn’t come with the Clean Base® Automatic Dirt Handler, so you’ll have to buy it separately.
Under the lids of both dustbins, there is a HEPA filter that makes the robot safe for people with allergies and asthma. The filters of both Roomba are not removable for washing, you should change the filter every three months.
Ability to suck and sweep
Carpet boost: Roomba i4 has a sensor that can recognize carpets. When the vacuum is on the carpet, its suction power is increased to the maximum level automatically cleaning deeper.
Side brush: Both have a side brush made of rubber.
Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don’t get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors.
Cleaning Brush: Both are equipped with a cleaning brush that has detachable tips and is easier to clean since hair mostly gets clogged around the edges. In addition, the newest brush has 250% more bristles providing a better pickup.
Ability to Mop the floor: Both devices can only sweep and vacuum
With 2210 mAh Lithium-Ion, the Roomba i4 can operate for about 100 minutes and takes 120 minutes to charge. Roomba i3 uses a Lithium-Ion battery with a capacity of 1800 mAh that can work for about 75 minutes and takes 90 minutes to fully charge.
If both vacuums don’t finish all the work on a single charge, it will automatically return to the charging dock. Resume intends that the robot will resume from where it left off after charging is complete. This feature is perfect for large households where the robot cannot clean the entire house on a single charge
Unlike robots that don’t have a map and move randomly until the battery runs out, Roomba navigate efficiently. It moves back and forth in straight lines methodically covering the cleaning area based on the map it generates.
Roomba i4 uses an iAdapt 2.0 sensor to map your home layout; the Roomba i3+ uses a gyroscope + optic motion tracking sensor.
Roomba i4 and Roomba i3+ do not have the ability to store maps
Both only have basic scheduling features. You can only schedule it to work at a specific time and day of the week.
Roomba i4 and Roomba i3+ do not have a digital virtual wall creation feature but you can buy an additional virtual wall barrier to create a no-go zone
Roomba i3+ can control it manually like a car radio.
If you need the device to go to a specific spot, you can use the app remote control and manage its movements by sending it where you want to. Also, with the «Target Point» option you can tap on the map, and the robot will go to that place. Much easier than using the remote control.
You can also control the two robot vacuums by setting voice prompts through Amazon Alexa Support and Google Assistant Assistant.
When Roomba finishes cleaning, you can view the results in the cleaning history. Both cannot be tracked in real-time, you cannot see their location while the robot is vacuuming.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i4
- 20 percent LARGER BATTERY – Larger battery for extended runtime. Compared to other Roomba i series Robot Vacuums
- CLEANS THE ROOMS YOU WANT WHEN YOU WANT - iRobot OS learns and personalizes your cleaning with Imprint Smart Mapping technology so you can direct it to clean any room you want, any time you want—either on a set schedule or in the moment.
- SWEEPS UP DUST, DIRT AND DEBRIS WITH EASE - Experience a comprehensive clean with the powerful 3-Stage Cleaning System that pulls in dirt, debris, and pet hair from wherever it hides.
- PRECISION CLEANING IN TIDY ROWS - Cleans intelligently in straight lines back and forth, to thoroughly clean your floors while navigating around furniture. When it needs to recharge, it will resume right where it left off ensuring a complete clean.
- FOCUSES ON DIRT - iRobot's Patented Dirt Detect Technology allows the Roomba i4 robot to detect dirtier areas of your home and clean them more thoroughly.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i3+
- POWERFUL CLEANING—SCHEDULED AROUND YOUR LIFE - Roomba i3plus EVO takes care of dirt and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10x the Power-Lifting Suction. Compared to Roomba 600 series.Runtime : 75 minutes
- CLEAN BY ROOM, YOU’RE IN CONTROL - Roomba i3plus EVO learns your home and creates an Imprint Smart Map so you can direct it to clean any room you want, any time you want—either on a set schedule or in the moment
- DON’T LIFT A FINGER FOR MONTHS- The Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal allows the i3plus EVO to empty itself into an enclosed bag that captures 99% of particles as small as .7 microns and holds up to 60 days of cleanings. The Roomba i3plus is designed to work simply with the press of the Clean button.
- CLEANING IN TIDY ROWS - Cleans intelligently in straight lines back and forth, to thoroughly clean your floors while navigating around furniture. When the i3plus EVO needs to recharge, it will resume right where it left off ensuring a complete clean
- FOCUSED CLEANING - Patented Dirt Detect Technology allows the Roomba i3plus EVO to detect dirtier areas of your home and clean them more thoroughly. Integrated sensors tell the robot where it can and can’t fit, so it doesn’t get stuck under furniture