- Design Comparison
- Cleaning Performance Comparison
- Battery Comparison
- Feature Comparison
- Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i3+
- Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i6+
- Product Videos
Roomba i3+ measures 13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches and weighs 15 pounds. Meanwhile, Roomba i6+ measures 13.34 x 13.26 x 3.63 inches and weighs 12 pounds.
Cleaning Performance Comparison
Suction Power & Noise
Both have a suction power of ãìđđ Pa and a noise level of 68 dba.
Robot’s ability to walk
With a cleaning area of 170 m2, Roomba i3+ has a smaller cleaning area than Roomba i6+, with a cleaning area of 180 m2.
Thanks to the 20 mm (0.78 in) climbing ability, both of them are suitable for thicker carpets and can easily overpass a door threshold (if below 2 cm).
Both robots are equipped with a bunch of sensors that prevent bumping into things, falling, and keeping them at a distance of 10 mm from walls and furniture.
iRobot Roomba i3+ and Roomba i6+ both have dirt detection sensors. It is a system that recognizes high-traffic spots making a cleaner go over these zones a few times until it is clean
With a 400 ml dustbin capacity, the iRobot Roomba i3+ can hold a little more dirt than the Roomba i6+, which has a capacity of 385 ml.
When the dustbin inside the Roomba gets full, the robot vacuum returns to the charging dock, the base sucks up the debris from the container. When the Roomba is done emptying, it returns to continue cleaning. The base holds up to 30 robot’s bins, so you don’t have to empty it for about a month.
Under the lids of both dustbins, there is a HEPA filter that makes the robot safe for people with allergies and asthma. The filters of both Roomba are not removable for washing, you should change the filter every three months.
Ability to suck and sweep
Carpet boost: Roomba i6+ has a sensor that can recognize carpets. When the vacuum is on the carpet, its suction power is increased to the maximum level automatically cleaning deeper.
Side brush: Both have a side brush made of rubber.
Unique Dual Multi-Surface Rubber Brushes don’t get tangled with pet hair. Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors.
Cleaning Brush: Both are equipped with a cleaning brush that has detachable tips and is easier to clean since hair mostly gets clogged around the edges. In addition, the newest brush has 250% more bristles providing a better pickup.
Ability to Mop the floor: Both devices can only sweep and vacuum
With 1800 mAh Lithium-Ion, Roomba i3+ can operate for about 75 minutes and takes 90 minutes to charge. Roomba i6+ uses a Lithium-Ion battery with a capacity of 1800 mAh that can work for about 90 minutes and takes 180 minutes to fully charge.
If both vacuums don’t finish all the work on a single charge, it will automatically return to the charging dock. Resume intends that the robot will resume from where it left off after charging is complete. This feature is perfect for large households where the robot cannot clean the entire house on a single charge
Unlike robots that don’t have a map and move randomly until the battery runs out, Roomba navigate efficiently. It moves back and forth in straight lines methodically covering the cleaning area based on the map it generates.
Roomba i3+ uses a gyroscope + optic motion tracking sensor to map your home layout; the Roomba i6+ uses a laser distance sensor (LDS or LIDAR)and also has built-in cameras. The camera suffers in dark rooms.
Roomba i3+ cannot store maps in memory. Roomba i6+ can store 10 different maps in memory.
The Roomba i3+ only has basic scheduling features. You can only schedule it to work at a specific time and day of the week.
Roomba i6+ has an advanced scheduling feature. After mapping, you can divide the map into separate regions and give each area a name. With this feature, you can schedule cleaning by area, no-go zone, selected room cleaning, schedule, etc.
Roomba i3+ does not have a digital virtual wall creation feature but you can buy an additional virtual wall barrier to create a no-go zone.. meanwhile, Roomba i6+ is equipped with a digital virtual wall creation feature that helps create a no-clean zone, Zoned cleaning.
Zoned cleaning: The robot cleans within a particular zone
No-Go zone: keeps the Roomba off some zones
Room cleaning: can be ordered (or scheduled) to clean in a certain room or two.
Manually control it like a radio car. If you need the device to go to a specific spot, you can use the app remote control and manage its movements by sending it where you want to. Also, with the «Target Point» option you can tap on the map, and the robot will go to that place. Much easier than using the remote control.
Additionally, you can control the two robot vacuums by setting voice prompts through Amazon Alexa Support and Google Assistant Assistant.
When Roomba finishes cleaning, you can view the results in the cleaning history. Both cannot be tracked in real-time, you cannot see its location while the robot is vacuuming.
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i3+
- POWERFUL CLEANING—SCHEDULED AROUND YOUR LIFE - Roomba i3plus EVO takes care of dirt and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10x the Power-Lifting Suction. Compared to Roomba 600 series.Runtime : 75 minutes
- CLEAN BY ROOM, YOU’RE IN CONTROL - Roomba i3plus EVO learns your home and creates an Imprint Smart Map so you can direct it to clean any room you want, any time you want—either on a set schedule or in the moment
- DON’T LIFT A FINGER FOR MONTHS- The Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal allows the i3plus EVO to empty itself into an enclosed bag that captures 99% of particles as small as .7 microns and holds up to 60 days of cleanings. The Roomba i3plus is designed to work simply with the press of the Clean button.
- CLEANING IN TIDY ROWS - Cleans intelligently in straight lines back and forth, to thoroughly clean your floors while navigating around furniture. When the i3plus EVO needs to recharge, it will resume right where it left off ensuring a complete clean
- FOCUSED CLEANING - Patented Dirt Detect Technology allows the Roomba i3plus EVO to detect dirtier areas of your home and clean them more thoroughly. Integrated sensors tell the robot where it can and can’t fit, so it doesn’t get stuck under furniture
Quick Rundown Of iRobot Roomba i6+
- UPGRADE TO A SMARTER CLEAN - The i6plus introduces an exclusive upgrade to Imprint Smart Mapping, giving you the same capabilities and experiences as the Roomba i7plus. Roomba i6plus learns your home to clean and schedule by room, unleashing powerful cleaning.
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the i6plus to empty itself for up to 60 days.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE and POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn dirt and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10X the Power-Lifting Suction. Control how you clean with the iRobot HOME app or your voice assistant.
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - Intelligently maps and cleans an entire level of your home. Patented iAdapt technology with vSLAM navigation actively captures thousands of precise measurements each millisecond to optimize coverage.
- LEARNS YOUR LIFE LISTENS TO YOUR VOICE - Learns your cleaning habits to offer up personalized schedules, while Google Assistant and Alexa allow you to start cleaning with just the sound of your voice.